Watching the Detectives.....................

Monday 9 May 2011

Cleveland Police Authority investigated

A criminal investigation is under way into a number of people associated with Cleveland Police Authority, it has emerged.

The investigation relates to people with current or past links to the authority, including chairman Councillor Dave McLuckie.

The authority said it had decided he should continue in his post.

The investigation is being led by Warwickshire Police Chief Constable Keith Bristow.
It will be conducted by officers from North Yorkshire Police.

'Defend reputation'
 
Warwickshire Police said some allegations involving individuals with associations to Cleveland Police Authority were raised in August 2010. 

It said this had led to a full criminal investigation which began in April 2011.

Mr McLuckie said: "I understand that I am one of the individuals involved in this investigation, I have received an initial letter, but no-one from the investigation has yet spoken to me, given me information as to the nature of the allegations against me… or who has made the allegations.
"I want to make it crystal clear that I do not believe I have ever acted improperly during my time on the Cleveland Police Authority and especially during my period as chair. 

"I cannot speculate as to the motives of whoever has made these allegations but they should be under no doubt that I will fight to defend my reputation and I have no doubts that any allegations against me will prove to be entirely without foundation."

The police authority said it had unanimously decided that Mr McLuckie should stay on after considering the matter in his absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment